The Canadian Jewellers Association (CJA) is committed to the protection of personal information.
We will comply with all relevant legislation, such as the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
- Any personal information obtained by the CJA, such as contact or billing information, will only be used and disclosed as it pertains to the activities and business functions of the Association. CJA will not sell or release personal information to any unrelated third party, unless required by law for the purposes of specific legal action.
- CJA’s retains the right to share personal information with its legal advisors and other third party service providers. All those external parties providing advice or assistance to CJA are prohibited from sharing, selling, or transferring member information to any other third party. The information must be utilized solely for the purpose requested by CJA.
- As a retail or appraiser member, your name, business name, address, website address, phone and fax number will be posted in “find a retailer or accredited appraiser” directory to be viewed by consumers. Although consumers are able to email retail members, the specific email addresses are not disclosed.
- As a supply member, your membership start date, name, business name, address, website address, phone and fax number will be posted in our password protected member’s area, viewable by members only. Although retailers are able to email suppliers directly, the email addresses are not disclosed.
- A master list of the current CJA members, by company name, is posted on CJA’s website.
- If a member participates in CJA’s job posting program, located within the Job Bank section of the CJA website, CJA will alert the member that the required information is accessible to the general public.
- CJA guarantees that all personal information is maintained in a secure environment and reasonable means are employed to protect the information against loss and unauthorized access and disclosure.
- The collection of information will be open and transparent to all users.
- CJA will take all reasonable steps to ensure the personal information obtained is accurate, complete, and current. Members may contact CJA to enquire about the contact information maintained on file. CJA will promptly correct any record that is deemed to be inaccurate or obsolete.